If you’re not already familiar with SCMEP, we’re a private, non-profit group that serves as a proven resource to South Carolina businesses, providing them with a range of innovative strategies and solutions to strengthen leadership, develop competencies, drive growth, and eliminate waste.
An affiliate of the National Institute of Standards & Technology (NIST), SCMEP operates under the US Dept of Commerce to promote innovation and industrial competitiveness.
If there’s a single word SCMEP is most closely identified with, it’s competitive. That’s because SCMEP’s focus is on supplying small to mid-size South Carolina companies with the education, tools and processes you need to be more competitive in today’s increasingly demanding global economy.
The core of SCMEP’s business improvement services is the no cost one-day Competitiveness Review, an assessment tool developed by SCMEP. The Competitiveness Review is a comprehensive on-site, systematic evaluation of a company’s operations that enables SCMEP’s Manufacturing Specialists to:
- Gain an understanding of the organization in order to identify the core issues limiting your success
- Determine which business improvement actions will help you to compete more effectively
In short, we exist to help small and mid-size companies in South Carolina to compete, grow and win. When you work with SCMEP you get access to resources that give you the competitive edge!
- SCMEP is a private, non-profit resource for small to mid-size South Carolina businesses.
- We help small to mid-size companies improve their competitiveness.
- The core of our business improvement services is the no cost one-day Competitiveness Review.