Why schedule an SCMEP Competitiveness Review for your company? Because:
- There’s no cost to you
- A $5,500 value, the Competitiveness Review assessment is provided to SC manufacturers by grant funding. It reveals (or confirms) the limiting factors holding you back
- It provides a snapshot view of how you’re doing in comparison to other companies
- It gives you a road map to improve your competitiveness, your performance, and your bottom line
A portion of your company’s tax dollars contribute to state as well as federal grants that fund SCMEP, so why not take advantage of this valuable resource you help support that’s here to help support you!
Our no cost one day Competitiveness Review is the core of SCMEP’s business improvement services and the first step in our strategic, hands-on approach to help improve your company’s performance. An assessment tool developed by SCMEP, the Competitiveness Review is a comprehensive on-site evaluation of your operations that appraises the capabilities and gauges the effectiveness of your business systems.
It enables SCMEP’s Manufacturing Specialists to:
- Analyze – gain an understanding of your organization to identify the “limiting factors” – wherever they may occur – hindering your success
- Benchmark – measure how competitive you are vs. other companies via a database-driven comparison
- Plan – isolate which strategic and tactical business improvement services will help you to raise your performance
The areas of your business we examine are:
- Business Planning
- Innovation Business Results
- Customer Satisfaction
- Rewards System
- Employee Satisfaction
- Environment Health & Safety
- Cost / Value
- Inventory turns
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness
- Supply Chain
- Product Development
- Improvement Process
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Underpinning SCMEP’s methodology, the Competitiveness Review process is deliberately “built for speed” to permit rapid intervention into opportunities and shorten the “time to value” of projects:
- The Manufacturing Specialist’s one day on-site visit focuses attention on top priority technical and business challenges without requiring a lot of your precious time.
- Results are returned and/or presented to you within 5 – 10 business days in a report outlining your organization’s strengths and weaknesses and listing recommended improvements.
- You receive a customized action plan featuring strategies and solutions designed to improve productivity, quality, profits, or sales, delivering maximum impact in the minimum time possible.
For some companies, the Competitiveness Review action plan is enough to get started. They may have the internal resources to execute the plan or may decide to pursue new initiatives or changes incrementally. For others requiring outside assistance in implementation, your SCMEP Manufacturing Specialist can provide the solutions and the support.
Interested in taking a closer look?
Request a Competitiveness Review Today!