SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost.
Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility.
Contact us for additional information.
Please note, refunds will only be issued if a cancellation notice is received at least 24-hours in advance of the course.
The current training schedule is listed below. View a list of available offerings here.
Lunch & Learn – Recruitment and Retention Strategies for 2020
May 5, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm$10
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the United States is currently experiencing record unemployment, unprecedented job openings, and unfilled jobs in the national labor market. The shortage of applicants with the right skills, abilities, and experience, especially in manufacturing, has created one of the most competitive job markets in history.
This highly interactive session will focus on the latest and most current workforce trends and how they impact recruitment and retention strategies for HR professionals in the manufacturing industry. Additionally, creative best practices for recruitment and retention will be explored with workshop participants to encourage maximum engagement and peer-to-peer learning.
Learning objectives include:
– Know and understand the Top Ten Workforce Trends impacting our ability to find and keep excellent employees
– Identify creative, “outside the box” strategies for employee recruitment and retention
– Identify proven strategies for employee recruitment and retention
– Brainstorming and peer-to-peer sharing of best practices and key takeaways from their organizations
– Develop an actionable list of manageable ideas to implement upon returning to your facility