SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost.
Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility.
Contact us for additional information.
Please note, refunds will only be issued if a cancellation notice is received at least 24-hours in advance of the course.
The current training schedule is listed below. View a list of available offerings here.
Maintenance and Reliability Bootcamp
April 3, 8:00 am - April 4, 4:30 pm| $1,495
The Maintenance and Reliability Bootcamp or Asset Management Excellence (AMEx) as it is sometimes called, is designed for companies that want to begin to create site level resources that can improve availability, throughput, quality, and fundamentally corporate profit using the tools of maintenance, reliability and asset management. The goal of the two-day course is to provide the individual with awareness of the reliability practices and a desire to gain additional knowledge and ability. The course is a comprehensive overview reinforced by group discussions, case studies, and practical exercises. This course is used in many facilities to till the soil and prepare the ground as the organization begins to sow the seeds of reliability. It helps to break down barrier, build understanding and desire and set expectations. The participants are expected to ask questions and challenge concepts they do not understand building buy-in and support as they learn and develop.
- Describe how Reliability & Maintainability align with strategic business objectives.
- Explain how to calculate Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE), Value-Adding vs. Non-Value adding Maintenance.
- Labor Utilization, and Availability as measures of asset management.
- Perform a Reliability & Maintainability Self-Assessment.
- Practice Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) to identify asset risks.
- Practice Root Cause Analysis (RCA) techniques to resolve asset risks.
- Apply Day 1 principles to a real-world manufacturing business environment.
- Define the 5 core predictive technologies and how they provide time which reduces losses.
- Illustrate the flow of work through the Maintenance “Backlog” and common bottlenecks.
- Experience the value of Planning, Kitting and then Scheduling
- Demonstrate how to evaluate preventive maintenance and Asset Management Plan effectiveness.
- Define the Change Risks associated with asset management system implementation.
- Outline a model for Reliability & Maintainability improvement.
- Review and evaluate the application of Reliability.
By meeting these objectives students gain confidence in reliability practices and methodology, can understand the maintenance vision, and assist in its implementation and continuous improvement. It is about culture change and that starts with the individual. Knowledge truly is power, and this course provides it to them while empowering employees to your company.