SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost.
Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility.
Contact us for additional information.
Please note, refunds will only be issued if a cancellation notice is received at least 24-hours in advance of the course.
The current training schedule is listed below. View a list of available offerings here.
Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Combo – 4 Week Course
January 7, 2019, 9:00 am - January 11, 2019, 5:00 pm
One event on February 4, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on March 4, 2019 at 9:00am
One event on April 1, 2019 at 9:00am
Four Week Event – Project Required
Week 1: 1/7 – 1/11
Week 2: 2/4 – 2/8
Week 3: 3/4 – 3/8
Week 4: 4/1 – 4/5
Monday – Thursday 9am-5pm; Friday 9am-4pm
*Please note, a laptop or electronic device with Microsoft Excel is required. Course information will be provided on a flash drive with work to be completed in Minitab and Excel. Do not activate the Minitab free trial prior to the course as this will allow you to use Minitab throughout the training.
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a process improvement method that focuses on reducing errors and increasing customer satisfaction in a Lean environment. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training introduces an overview of the key concepts necessary to be a successful member of a Lean Six Sigma project team. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training offers a mastery level of techniques to lead projects and mentor Lean Six Sigma Green Belts.
Lean Six Sigma combines the two most important improvement trends of our time: making work better (using Six Sigma) and making work faster (using Lean principles). In these classes, you will discover how this remarkable quality improvement method can give you the tools to identify and eliminate waste and quality problems in your own work area.
You’ll see the big picture of what your company will gain with Lean Six Sigma, how it can positively impact your work area, and what it can mean to you personally.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt – 9 Days, 62 Instructional Hours
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training will introduce you to the Lean Six Sigma philosophy and terminology and give you the tools you need to complete your Green Belt certification project. This course uses a combination of lectures, presentations and hands-on lab exercises to provide you with a strong foundation in Lean Six Sigma. You will gain the skills needed to lead Lean Six Sigma process improvement projects, work on teams led by Lean Six Sigma Black Belts and help your organization implement Lean Six Sigma effectively.
This two-week course comprises the entire Green Belt training program, and serves as the first two weeks of Black Belt training. This format allows Green Belts and Black Belts to train together, creating atmosphere similar to the work environment, where Green and Black Belts work together on Lean Six Sigma project teams.
*Recommended for data analysts, problem solvers and project team members
You Will Learn:
- Why organizations benefit from Six Sigma
- The Green Belt’s role and responsibility in Lean Six Sigma efforts
- The DMAIC problem solving method
- The tools needed for project completion
- How to use statistical tool in conjunction with Lean Six Sigma
- How to collect data
- Tools such as project charters, FMEA, Kaizen and control charts
- Basic statistical tools such as Pareto charts, histograms and inferential statistics
- Trainees are to have a Lean Six Sigma project prior to attending class.
- A certificate will be awarded to each person who completes the training and passes the test given on the last day of the course.
- Certification requires the completion of a project which takes place in your company.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt – 18 days, 110 Instructional hours
Lean Six Sigma Black Belts are some of the most sought after professionals today. As a Black Belt candidate, you will be trained to identify opportunities for improvement with your company, use Lean Six Sigma methodology and apply the correct tools and techniques to a Lean Six Sigma project. After training, you will have the skills needed to lead Lean Six Sigma projects throughout your organization to achieve significant financial impact and improve customer service.
Your training consists of a four-week program combining the two-week Green Belt course with two weeks of Black Belt training. This format allows Green Belts and Black Belts to train together, creating an atmosphere similar to the work environment where Green and Black Belts work together on Lean Six Sigma project teams.
*Recommended for highly motivated organizational members interested in leading performance excellence projects using a wide array of graphical, statistical and Lean tools.
You Will Learn:
- The DMAIC problem solving method
- The Black Belt’s role and responsibility in promoting and leading Lean Six Sigma efforts
- Fundamental and advanced tools needed to complete a Lean Six Sigma project
Topics Covered Include:
- Process mapping and capability
- Project planning
- Statistical methodology
- Factorial experiments
- Design of experiments
- This course uses statistical software for statistical analysis of data. Participants must bring a PC laptop to class and will be instructed prior to class starting software requirements
- Trainees are to have a Lean Six Sigma project for the class.