SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost.
Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility.
Contact us for additional information.
Please note, refunds will only be issued if a cancellation notice is received at least 24-hours in advance of the course.
The current training schedule is listed below. View a list of available offerings here.
QMS Lead Auditor Training with emphasis on IATF 16949:2016
November 11, 8:00 am - November 14, 5:00 pm$1,850
Attendees successfully completing the examinations provided in conjunction with this course receive a Certificate of Attainment for these Exemplar Global knowledge competency units:
QM – Quality Management Systems including Automotive
AU – Auditing Management Systems
TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Teams
The Certificate of Attainment provides evidence of knowledge competency defined by Exemplar Global for certification as a Quality Management Systems Lead Auditor.
A prior review of the IATF 16949:2016 standard and internal audit experience is suggested for this course.
This course is delivered by SCMEP in partnership with Pillar Management Associates. Completion of this course satisfies the training requirements for certification by Exemplar Global as a lead auditor.
Highlights of the session include
- “Hands-on” training with over 15 class exercises
- Quality management systems as required by IATF 16949:2016
- IATF 16949:2016 requirements and intent
- QMS historical perspective and regulations
- QMS audit process
- Evaluating system effectiveness
- Evaluation of conformance
- Audit reporting
- Mock Audit
- Review of automotive protocols: PPAP, SPC, APQP, FMEA, MSA
- An understanding of the ISO 9001 & IATF 16949 requirements and intent
- A certificate of accomplishment (conditional on passing all evaluations)
- An understanding of the lead auditor’s responsibilities
- How to create and execute an audit plan
- An understanding of questioning techniques and communications
- How to make an auditee feel at ease
- How to determine the effectiveness of a quality management system
- How to document nonconformances
Who Should Attend
- IATF 16949 Auditors
- IATF 16949 Implementers
- Quality Program Managers