Coronavirus: COVID-19 Updates
Coronavirus: Updates & How to Prepare
Training & Courses:
SCMEP is aware that the Coronavirus (COVID-19) is a developing concern for many of our clients. Anyone that has registered for a training course will be notified via email if the course has been canceled/postponed. We are actively monitoring the situation and continue to stay in contact with state resources so we can quickly respond in the event that additional precautionary measures are required. The well-being of our clients and communities are of the utmost importance to us and we will keep everyone apprised of any changes to our current operating plan as they develop.
For up-to-date information on COVID-19 for the business community, the South Carolina Chamber of Commerce has provided resources and guidelines, based on information from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), Occupational Safety and Health Agency (OSHA), and S.C. Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC).
In the News
Topic: Greater Upstate Manufacturing Sector Partnership COVID Session
Time: April 1, 2020, 2:30 PM Eastern Time
Join Zoom Meeting: https://zoom.us/j/599859156?pwd=bGFrRlZVRit4Y3dtUUE2bWhjVVBDQT09
Meeting ID: 599 859 156
+1312.626.6799 US (Chicago)
+1646.876.9923 US (New York)
As many of you are aware, the Greater Upstate Manufacturing Sector Partnership is a manufacturer-led group that collaborates in response to both challenges and opportunities within the industry. Although various workforce challenges have been a primary focus of this group since its inception in March of 2019, the sudden, pervasive, and uncharted challenges each of us face addressing COVID-19 have become an immediate priority. As such, we want to invite you to join a group conference call for manufacturing professionals to share some of the policies and best practices that have been implemented in response to COVID-19. In preparation of the session, we ask that you click on the survey link below to answer the following: https://forms.gle/GYnrieSGD3kaLGJ39.
If you would like to participate, no need to register, just login on April 1, 2020 at 2:30PM Eastern. We recommend you join from your computer or from the Zoom app using a smartphone.
Topic: Maintaining Cybersecurity in light of COVID-19
When: April 10, 2020, 10:00 AM Eastern Time
Description: We are learning of new cyber-threats related to this disaster every day. Join to hear from Corsica Technologies regarding maintaining your business’ cybersecurity, especially in light of the recent pandemic.
Click here to register.
- General Questions: 1-855-472-3432, DHEC Care Line
- General Information on COVID-19 for South Carolina
- Mass Gatherings and Events Guidance
- What to Know, Situation Updates
- Travel Notices
- Business and Employer Guidance
- CDC.gov Email Updates
- CDC Webinar with Dr. Nancy Messonnier, hosted by the US Chamber of Commerce
- CDC’s National Center for Immunization and Respiratory Diseases
- Information for Communities, Schools, and Businesses
- Guide on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Resources for Workers and Employers
- Employer’s Guide on OSHA’s Workplace Guidance (Fisher Phillips)
- CNBC Response
- NAM Corona Survey and Full Report
- NAM’s Coronavirus Resources
- NAM’s COVID-19 Policy Action Plan
- NAM’s Response to Senate letter to business groups
- NAM’s Request for Guidance from the CDC
- NAM Member Coronavirus Survey Results
Small Business Association:
US Chamber of Commerce: