SCMEP offers a wide selection of training and courses. Funds may be available to cover a portion of the cost. Additionally, most courses and training sessions can be delivered at your facility. Contact us for additional information.
A list of available offerings is shown below.
- 3D Simulation Training/Virtual Reality
- 5S Workshop
- 6S Training
- 8D Problem Solving
- A3 Problem Solving
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- AS9100 QMS Development
- Basics of Supply Chain Management
- Becoming an Employer of Choice
- Behavioral Based Safety Risk Perception
- Core Tools (APQP/PPAP/P-FMEA/Control Plans)
- C-Suite Series
- Design of Experiments (DoE)
- DMAIC Problem Solving
- Effective Leadership Development
- Effective Personal Productivity
- Energy Assessment
- Executive Supply Chain Strategy
- Family Business Advisor
- Front Line Leadership
- GD&T/Blueprint Reading
- Improving Leadership through Communication Skills
- Inventory Management
- ISO 14001:2015 and OHSAS 18001 Certified Lead Auditor Combo
- ISO 14001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 14001:2015 Certified Lead Auditor
- ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor
- Jumpstart Your Sales Pitch
- Kanban Training
- Leadership for Women
- Leader Standard Work
- Lean 101 – Principles of Lean Manufacturing
- Lean for Human Resource Professionals
- Lean for Job Shops
- Lean Practitioner (Kaizen Leader)
- Lean Product Suite
- Lean Project Management
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Lean Six Sigma Green/Black Belt Combo
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt
- LED Lighting
- Maintenance Planning and Scheduling
- Management Systems Lead Auditor – ISO 14001:2015 & ISO 45001:2018
- Materials Management for Maintenance
- Measurement System Analysis – Gage R&R
- Next Level Leadership
- Nondestructive Testing and Training
- OHSAS 18001 Certified Lead Auditor
- OSHA 10 Training
- OSHA 30 Training
- Peace, Love, and Safety
- Plant Layout Engineering Services
- PMP Certification/Advance Project Management
- Project Management Made Easier
- Protecting Your Legacy
- QMS Lead Auditor Training with emphasis on IATF 16949:2016
- Risk Based Thinking
- Sales and Marketing Boost
- SMED and Lean Training
- Social Styles Workshop – Effective Interpersonal Skills
- Standard Work
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Strategic Growth Acceleration
- Strategic Maintenance Leadership
- Strategic Planning
- Supervising Maintenance Training
- Supply Chain Risk Management
- Theory of Constraints
- Total Cost of Ownership
- Total Productive Maintenance (TPM)
- Toyota Kata
- Training Within Industry (TWI)
- TS 16949 Lead Auditor
- Understanding Total Manufacturing Costs
- Value Engineering Fundamentals
- Value Stream Mapping
- VDA 6.3 – 3a Edition 2016, Internal Process Auditor Qualification
- What Color is Your Freight?
- Women in Industry
- World Class Maintenance
The Lean Tool of 5S is a system of tools designed to improve workplace organization, safety and standardization. The 5S system is an integral part of every company’s lean program and the initial lean tool that many companies begin their lean journey with because it offers immediate, visual results. 5S helps improve worker efficiency by reducing wasted time due to lack of organization and standardization of the workplace. Companies that implement 5S get the immediate benefit of improved housekeeping and employee morale but also get the subtler benefits of improved quality and safety.
8D Problem Solving
8D is a commonly used abbreviation for the 8 Disciplines – a particular approach to problem solving. It has become a standard problem solving methodology preferred in the automotive supply chain since its initial development by engineers at Ford Motor Company. 8D is a thorough, structured problem solving process that uses a team-based approach.
A3 Problem Solving
A3 derives its name from the paper size (11×17) that is used to create the A3 storyboard. Developed by Toyota, A3s are used for problem solving, project reports, and proposing policy changes, each complete with a storyline detailing the analysis and thought process behind it.
It is ideally suited for capturing all the steps in the problem solving process and making the process and results easy to communicate to the organization. The A3 Problem Solving workshop will take participants through the eight step process, creating a template that can be used in their respective organizations going forward, resulting in more productive and efficient processes.
SCMEP’s Lean Practitioner training is a robust, hands-on, multi-faceted training series for future Kaizen event leaders. It is an intensive two weeks of training that gives the future Lean Practitioner an in-depth working knowledge of lean concepts. The tools are emphasized with simulations to facilitate learning by bringing the concepts to life. Lean Practitioners will be exposed to all the components of a lean enterprise and will see how the individual concepts tie together and how tools complement one another.
Lean for Job Shops
Lean for Job Shops is a one-day workshop that teaches the principles of Lean manufacturing for a discrete, non-repetitive environment and how to apply these critical tools. While participating in simulation exercises, students will utilize Lean concepts such as batch-size reduction, visual signals, standardizing work, and many others. By the end of the class, students will have converted a convoluted job shop environment into one that reacts to each customer’s specific demand while improving on-time delivery and quality. This course is designed to help manufacturers significantly improve profit margin and eliminate waste.
Lean Six Sigma Green Belt, Yellow Belt, Black Belt
Lean Six Sigma (LSS) is a process improvement method that focuses on reducing errors and increasing customer satisfaction in a Lean environment. Lean Six Sigma Green Belt training introduces an overview of the key concepts necessary to be a successful member of a Lean Six Sigma project team. Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training offers a mastery level of techniques to lead projects and mentor Lean Six Sigma Green Belts.
Lean Six Sigma combines the two most important improvement trends of our time: making work better (using Six Sigma) and making work faster (using Lean principles). In these classes, you will discover how this remarkable quality improvement method can give you the tools to identify and eliminate waste and quality problems in your own work area.
You’ll see the big picture of what your company will gain with Lean Six Sigma, how it can positively impact your work area, and what it can mean to you personally.