Over the past 20+ years as a Quality Engineer, I have worked for companies such as Bose Corporation, Bosch Braking Systems, and Honeywell Aerospace (formally AlliedSignal Engines). While at Bose, I was a key member of a cross functional team achieving quality, cost, and delivery goals. In turn, I reduced PPM by 65%, increased yields 19%, and increased production rates 37% within eight months. I also developed and taught statistical process control curriculum for operators and supervisors.
As a Technical Specialist with SCMEP, I assist companies through our Competitive Assessment methodology which helps determine activities to positively impact profitability. Through this assessment, I am able to instruct companies in lean and quality tools such as: Value Stream Mapping for manufacturing and support processes, 5S Workplace Organization, Problem Solving (DMAIC, 8D, A3), Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), Quick Changeover (SMED), Visual Management, Leadership, Lean Culture, and Training Within Industry (TWI) Job Instruction (JI) and Job Relations (JR). During my time with SCMEP, I have worked with over 100 companies and trained over 1,000 employees.
Lean Implementation | Value Stream Mapping | 6S | 8D | DMAIC | A3 Problem Solving | Leadership and Culture Change | TWI | Standard Work | 5S Workplace Organization
Education and Certifications
- BS, Industrial Management, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- Post graduate studies, Quality Science: APQP, SPC, Root Cause Analysis, 8D Analysis, Value Stream Mapping, Clemson University, Clemson, SC
- ASQ Certified Quality Engineer, Certified Quality Manager
- Society of Manufacturing Engineers (SME) Lean Bronze Certification Candidate
- TWI Institute Certified Instructor, Job Instruction/Job Relations