South Carolina Lean Alliance
“All manufacturers are struggling to be world-class, and Lean manufacturing can help companies become more competitive. Doing it on your own is not always easy. The Lean Alliance enables us to see what others are doing and allows us to incorporate those best practices into our operations.”
John Milko, The Timken Company
In our commitment to expand the reach of Lean practices, SCMEP coordinates the South Carolina Lean Alliance (SCLA). The SCLA is a powerful resource, using a knowledge-sharing approach that decreases your inefficiencies and increases your bottom line.
Established in 2002, the SCLA is a membership-based alliance that works together to expand access to and understanding of Lean principles. By using an effective platform for discussion and a strong network of resources, members help each other in their Lean manufacturing journeys.
All chapters host monthly meetings at member facilities to provide benchmarking opportunities and learn how to better incorporate improvement methodologies. Events consist of facility presentations, factory tours, and open discussions to further highlight successes and opportunities.
Benefits of Membership
- A unique chance to see continuous improvement in action
- A constant exchange of best practices
- Access to constructive and timely feedback from peers
- A network of support throughout all phases of Lean transformation
- An in-depth understanding of how to sustain improvements
- An opportunity to build relationships within industries and communities
- The Central Savannah River Area Chapter (CSRA) – greater Aiken area
- The Midlands Chapter – greater Columbia area
- The Pee Dee/Lowcountry Chapter (PDLC) – greater Florence and Charleston areas
- The Upstate Chapter – greater Greenville and Spartanburg areas
- The Metrolina Chapter – greater Rock Hill area
How to Join
If you would like additional information or to apply for membership, please contact Tina Coolidge at firstname.lastname@example.org.